Perkbox has built one of the UK’s most successful digital engagement platforms, offering employers a wide choice of financial, health and wellbeing perks with which to recognize and reward their employees. Headquartered in London with a new office in Sheffield, we have grown from 20 employees in April 2015 to over 280 employees and counting. Perkbox helps companies of all sizes attract, motivate and retain staff by creating a positive and supportive working culture. We are considered one of the most refreshing and innovative ways to improve employee happiness and productivity.
People are taking notice too, and recent awards include:-
- Sunday Times Top 100 Best Small Companies To Work For 2017
- Linkedin top companies rankings at #2 from over 25,000 business - https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/linkedin-top-compan...
- National Business Awards 2017 – Scale-up Business of the Year Winner - http://www.nationalbusinessawards.co.uk/2017-winne...
We are also big believers in practicing what we preach! You can see more about our culture here:
Learn more about our engineering culture here
What you will be doing
- Owning visual and brand guidelines in product department
- Work with other design groups throughout the company to build a collaborative design culture, a cohesive user experience, and a powerful corporate brand.
- Experimenting with, testing, and rolling out robust, innovative design patterns
- Deliver world-class interaction designs, from initial concept through to launch and evaluation of success.
- Work with product management and users to identify and define features, use cases and user stories.
- Contribute to user experience design, product and development best practices and standards.
- Working closely with front-enders (and the rest of the team) to produce production ready deliverables
- Rapidly produce multiple concepts and prototypes; knowing when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail, and when to make low-fi sketches and prototypes.
- Research competitor’s products, new trends in graphic design and digital innovations in order to provide engaging design solutions.
If you're the right fit you will have
- A natural talent for visual design
- A passion for layout and intuitive interfaces
- A portfolio that showcases your skills from concept to completion
- Experience with the tools of the trade (i.e. Paper sketches, HTML/CSS, Adobe Illustrator / Photoshop / Sketch etc.)
- Experience conducting user research and synthesising data -testing and validating your design choices
- Experience in UI design implementation and a working knowledge best practices
- Experience in applying user-centered design methodologies to ensure ideas are based on customer needs.
- Have a deep understanding of and high degree of empathy for the customer experience
- Have developed design patterns for reuse and consistency
- Have experience creating visually stunning interface designs for existing products and prototypes
- Knowledge of mobile design patterns and guidelines for both Android and iOS
- A strong sense of personal motivation, being able to work independently with a proactive attitude in solving complex visual problems on different contexts.
- Ability to communicate design recommendations to both peers and company leaders
Are there any benefits besides the salary?
Hopefully you would agree it would be a bit silly to have an employee perks company called Perkbox and not offer our own team amazing perks! The hint is in the name. You of course get all the perks we offer to our customers. We also do regular team lunches, out of office days and team building nights. We also have a generous learning budget, pension, and a huge blow out all-hands party twice per year.